Searching & Managing Scientific Information, Module 1
||28. März 2017, 09:00 - 12:00
||WSL Birmensdorf, Flurysaal
||Stephanie Hofmann, Christine Matter & Bobby Neuhold (Lib4RI)
||PhD students and other affiliates of Eawag, Empa, PSI and WSL.
SEARCHING SCIENTIFIC INFORMATION
Aims: You become skilled in finding relevant scientific information
using suitable tools offered by Lib4RI.
- How to use Lib4RI’s website and its «Searchbox»for quick information retrieval.
- How to effectively access Lib4RI’s electronic resources including link resolver services.
- Formulating systematic search queries including Boolean operators, wildcards and truncations.
- Examples/exercices from the NEBIS library catalogue, Scopus and Web of Science.
Participants: max. 20 (please bring your laptop).
Download a flyer with all relevant information including location maps here.
- Please register online
- Each venue is open to all members of the 4 research institutes Eawag, Empa, PSI and WSL.
- Registration closes one week prior to each event.
- Should the course dates at your home location be inconvenient for you, feel free to register for another location.
- The course is free of charge.
- On request, students attending at least 4 modules will receive a recommendation for 1 ECTS credit point.