Biodiversity Landscape Development Management of Natural Hazards Natural Resources Forest Ecosystems
Research Units Research Programmes In focus Staff Organization Mission and Tasks History Job opportunities Contact and maps
Forest Protection SLF avalanche warnings Expertise and advice Monitoring Data sets Events Publications Library Products Für junge Neugierige
WaMos 2 - Forest monitoring socio-cultural
The aim of the research project WaMos 2 is to assess the attitudes of the population towards forest and wood related topics. In doing so, the project revisits and builds upon work that was done in 1997. The results of WaMos 2 will serve as a basis for forest related policy, and the forest- and environment-related reporting of FOEN.
1. Scientific framework and project design
2. Survey of the population and preparation of data
3. Processing of data and reporting of results
4. interpretation in relation to forest policy
5. Transfer and communication
1 to 3 are conducted as collaborative projects
by FOEN and WSL.
Research aims (sub-projects 1-3):
1. To investigate the relationship between the Swiss population and the forest, as it is manifest in expectations and opinions, acceptance of measures, knowledge about forest, and forest-related behaviour.
2. Further development of existing methods from WaMos to enable the creation of a monitoring system.
Methods: After qualitative preparatory work (in particular expert surveys), a representative telephone survey in the Swiss population will be conducted.
Publications and Products
The project report and other WaMos 2 related products and publications are available following the links below.