Rita Ghosh, Personal Homepage
Member of Statistics Lab, Forest Resources & Management Unit, WSL
PhD 1987, University of Toronto, Department of Statistics
Statistical Theory & Methods: nonparametric curve estimation, integral transforms, goodness-of-fit tests, time series, spatial processes, nonstationary & locally stationary processes, irregularly spaced data, ratio of means estimation, statistical applications of large deviations
Statistical problems in the environment : trend & surface estimation, change points, species count problems and other large scale and long term aspects
Bethune Collegiate School (Higher Secondary Exam), Presidency college, University of Calcutta (B.Sc., Statistics Honors), Indian Statistical Institute (M. Stat. & postgraduate diploma in Statistical Quality Control & Operations Research), University of Toronto (Ph.D., Statistics)
Current: Member of the Scientific Staff (WSL).
Previous: Tenure track Asst. Prof. of Statistics (Cornell, Texas A&M), Visitor (York, UK - Honorary visiting fellow, Mathematics Department, UNC Chapel Hill – visiting assistant professor of Statistics; Stanford – visiting scholar, Statistics Department), Graduate teaching assistant as instructor, marker etc. (Waterloo - Mathematics, Toronto - Statistics), Statistical Consulting Service (Toronto)
Dana Draghicescu (PhD thesis 2002, EPFL, Math.) Associate Professor of Statistics at Hunter College, CUNY, New York, USA
Patricia Menendez (PhD thesis 2009, ETHZ, Math.) Lecturer of Statistics at University of Queensland in Brisbane.
Hesam Montazeri (Semesterarbeit (Term paper) 2010 & Master thesis 2011, ETHZ, Math.)
American Mathematical Society (AMS), Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC AR4, AR5 & others), Israel Science Foundation, ProClim (Swiss Academy of Sciences), Research Grants Council of Hong Kong, Swiss National Science Foundation (SNF).
Annals of Forest Science, Annals of Statistics, Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Australian and New Zealand Journal of Statistics, Biometrics, Bernoulli, Communications in Statistics – Theory and Methods, Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, Dendrochronology, Ecological Complexity, Environmetrics, Journal of the American Statistical Association, Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Quality Technology, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society - B, Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, Journal of Statistical Theory and Practice, Journal of Vegetation Science, Mathematical Biosciences, Mathematical Reviews, Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Silva Fennica, Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Student, Forest Snow and Landscape Research (editorial board member)
* Smoothing and Nonparametric Regression, Lectures, D-MATH, ETH Zürich; Since 2008, once a year, in Fall Terms.
* Statistics II for undergraduates, Lectures (jointly with Gilbert Morrey, York), University of York, Department of Mathematics, (summer 2007)
* Regression for graduate students, Lectures, University of Konstanz, Germany, Department of Mathematics & Statistics (Winter semesters, 2001 - 2005)
* Undergraduate and graduate Statistics courses, Lectures, Cornell University, ILR school (1988-1990)
* Introductory Statistics & Probability for undergraduates, Lectures, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Department of Statistics (1987-1988)
* Introductory Statistics & Probability for undergraduates, Lectures, University of Toronto, Department of Statistics (1982- 1987)
* Various Statistics courses, Teaching assistant, University of Toronto, Department of Statistics (1982-1987)
* Calculus, Teaching assistant, University of Waterloo, Faculty of Mathematics (1981-1982)