With BatScope, you can
- transfer recordings from BatLogger and other devices to a database on your computer.
- search, filter and sort your database of recordings using a large selection of filtering options.
- view spectrograms and play your recordings at different speeds.
- cut recordings into single vocalizations.
- automatically analyze and classify calls to species.
- export your data and results to easily share them with other users.
- directly open recordings in Raven.
- view GPS records of recordings mapped in Google Earth.
With BatScope 4, you can additionally
- play back your recordings in frequency division, heterodyne or real time mode.
- use six different classification systems.
- check your species classifications against recording location and species distribution.
- define and save custom workflows and filters and exchange them with other users.
- compare your recordings to reference recordings directly in BatScope.
- share your verified classifications with the WSL to allow us to improve the software.
- Mac with macOS 10.10 or newer, PC with Windows 7+
- 8 GB RAM, 2 GHz dual core CPU
- Here! (English only, use Google Chrome to translate...)
If you are using BatScope 4 in your work, please cite it as following, including the http-link:
Obrist, M.K., Boesch, R. (2018) BatScope manages acoustic recordings, analyses calls, and classifies bat species automatically. Can. J. Zool.(96): 939-954. doi: 10.1139/cjz-2017-0103. http://www.batscope.ch.