At the WSL in Bellinzona we started developing a new monoplotting interface with the aim of offering an intuitive platform for georeferencing and orthorectifying ordinary individual photographs in order to produce georeferenced vector data by drawing them directly on the pictures and exchanging them with traditional GIS-Systems. Resulting polygons may be visualized both on terrestrial pictures or orthophotos and maps.
The program was first presented to a scientific audience at an internatinal workshop in Corzoneso (Ticino, Switzerland)in June 2014.
The program beta version may be downloaded for non-profit purposes.
Installing and using the Monoplotting Tool
- If you want to know what's new in the latest version, you can check the release notes (see tab "release notes").
- Download the current version as a ZIP-file. You will need to have administrator rights on your computer for installing it.
- Double-click on the downloaded intallation file and follow the instructions that appear.
- The programm will install in the directory \Program Files\GIS-Suite\<version number>
Documentation and contact
A small user guide will install automatically with the software. You can also download it here.
If you have any suggestions or problems as to downloading, installing or running the software, please contact us or leave a comment on the blog.
- Mail to monoplotter(at)wsl.ch
- Monoplotter blog
- User guide (see tab "user guide")
- Release Notes 1.5.4 (October 2015)
Run time problem?
If the program does not start correctly, maybe the Visual Studio Runtime is not installed. Typically you would get the message:
"The program can't start because MSVCP120.dll or MSVCR120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
To solve this problem install the runtime package, starting the following program:
- for a 64 bit OS:
<Program Files>/GIS Suite-<yyyy.mm.dd>/VC-12.0/vcredist_x64.exe
- for a 32 bit OS:
<Program Files>/GIS Suite-<yyyy.mm.dd>/VC-12.0/vcredist_x86.exe