Dr. Massimiliano Zappa
- Spatially distributed hydrological modelling
- Hydrological extremes – from flash floods [Dossier Floods] to hydrological droughts [Dossier Drought]
- Climate change impacts on water resources [Focus Climate change]
- Operational hydrology (nowcasting and forecasting) [Teaser]
- Catchment hydrology (including measurements)
- Mountain hydrology
Education and professional development
- Since January 2012: Deputy Head of the WSL Research Unit "Mountain Hydrology and Mass Movements" and head of the Group “Hydrological Forecasts” of the Swiss Federal Research Institute WSL.
- Since September 2010: Deputy Head of the WSL Research Unit "Mountain Hydrology and Torrents"
- Since 2010: Member of the management board of the Swiss Association for Hydrology and Limnology [SGHL]
- Since July 2006: Head of the Group „Hydrological Extreme Events" in the Research Unit „Mountain Hydrology and Torrents“ of the Swiss Federal Research Institute WSL
- Since January 2006: Scientific collaborator at the Swiss Federal Research Institute WSL
- August 2003 to December 2005: Postdoc at the Swiss Federal Research Institute WSL
- November 2002 to Juli 2003: Postdoc at the ETH Institute for Atmospheric and Climate Science, Group "Regional climate and water cycle". [Link to IACETH]
- May 1999 to October 2002: PhD at the ETH Institute for Atmospheric and Climate Science, Group "Regional climate and water cycle". [Link to Diss-ETH 14895]
- November 1994 to May 1999: Master studies at the ETH Department for Earth Sciences. [Link to D-ERDW]
- September 1990 to July 1994: High School in Mendrisio (Ticino). [Link to Liceo Mendrisio]
My researcher id on Thompson Scientific is C-1205-2009.