Ecosystem services; environmentally-friendly operations; digitalization; life cycle assessment; sustainability impact assessment; carbon costs; climate adapted forest management; forest operations; wood supply chains; ergonomics; unpredictable use of wood.
Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Janine_Schweier.
- Guest Editor of the Special Issue "Digitalization of forest operations", International Journal of Forest Engineering (2023).
- Guest Editor of the Issue "Adaptive silviculture in research and practice", Schweizerische Zeitschrift für Forstwesen (2023).
- Guest Editor of the Special Issue "Technologies, Applications and Assessments for Proper Sustainable Forest Operations (SFO)", Sustainability (2021).
Referee for scientific journals: Allgemeine Forst- und Jagdzeitung; Australian Forestry; Biomass and Bioenergy; Biosystems Engineering; Croatian Journal of Forest Engineering; Current Forestry Reports; Forest Science; International Journal of Forest Engineering; Schwei-zerische Zeitschrift fuer Forstwesen; Silva Fennica; Sustainability (alphabetical order)
- Member of the expert committee “silviculture and forest technique” of the German Center for Forest Work and Technology (KWF)
- S-WIN board member (Swiss Wood Innovation Network)
- Habilitation candidate at the University of Freiburg, Faculty of Environment and Natural Ressources