Soil Moisture and Soil Temperature
Decagon's 5TM sensors are used for measuring soil moisture and temperature.
- measuring range, moisture: 0 - 100%
- measuring range, temperature: -40 - 50°C
Soil Matrix Potential
pF sensors are installed at 60 cm soil depth for measuring soil matrix potentials.
- measuring range: 1 to 10 000 000 hPa
- operating temperature: -40 - 80°C
Stem Diameter Changes
Automated point dendrometers are available for monitoring diurnal / seasonal stem diameter changes in young trees.
- measuring range: 1 - 4 cm stem diameter
- resolution: 20 µm
A SP-Lite Pyranometer is installed at the research plot for measuring solar radiation.
- spectral rangspectral range: 400 - 1100 nm
- operating temperature: -30 - 70°C
Fine Root Growth
The temporal and spatial dynamic of fine root growth can be visualized with the CID root scanning system.
- scanning range: 21.6 x 19.6 cm
- scan resolution: 1200 dpi
- USB interface for data transfer
Soil Water Extraction
Suction cups are used for collecting soil water for chemical analysis at different soil depths.
- diameter: 20 mm
- active surface: 34 cm2
- pore size: 1 µm
Soil Air Extraction
Gas-permeable tubes are used for collecting air samples for chemical analysis at different soil depths.
- permeable for many gaseous substances (e.g. CO2, NO2, NH4 und C2H4)
Physiological Gas Exchange
Two LICOR 6400 devices are available for studying the gas exchange of needles or leaves.
- external CO2 injector
- leaf cuvette with internal LED light source
- sensor for photosynthetic active radiation
A portable PAM 2000 device is available for analyzing chlorophyll fluorescence-related parameters in leaves.
- actinic light source for inducing chlorophyll fluorescence
- flexible fibre optic and leaf clips for dark adaptation of leaves
A portable SPAD-chlorophyll meter is available for measuring chlorophyll contents in leaves.
- two LED light sources for differential determination of optical density
- max. leaf thickness: 1.2 mm
A Scholander bomb is available for measuring water potential in needles, leaves and twigs.
- measuring range: 0 - 40 bar
- pressure chamber: 12.5 x 6.25 cm
- adapter for needles, leaves and twigs
Software for MODEOK Controlling and Data Collection
Controlling and data collecting software by LabVIEW, National Instruments.
Hardware for MODEOK Controlling and Data Collection
Controlling and data collecting hardware by Real-Time Hypervisor, National Instruments.