Dr. Michael Nobis
Scientific staff member
+41 44 739 25 35
Swiss Federal Research Institute WSL
Birmensdorf Bi HL E 32
Main research interests
- Macroecology - large-scale analyzes of spatial patterns, ecology and dynamics of biodiversity (focus on Switzerland and vascular plants but also including analyzes from landscape to global scales)
- Trait analyses - relationships between biological traits and the environment
- Biological invasions - distribution and dynamics of non-native vascular plants in Switzerland
Current and previous positions
|since 2011||Research group «Dynamic Macroecology» (project leader & deputy head), research unit «Landscape Dynamics» (M. Bürgi, until 2013 N. Zimmermann)|
|2006-2010||Head of the research group «Spatial ecology», research unit «Biodiversity and Conservation Biology» (C. Scheidegger)|
|2001-2006||Scientist at the Swiss Federal Research Institut WSL, research unit «Landscape Dynamics and Spatial Development» (F. Kienast)|
|1999-2001||Scientific assistant, University of Darmstadt, Institute of Botany (A. Schwabe-Kratochwil)|
|1995-1999||PhD, University of Freiburg, Germany (O. Wilmanns)|
Scientific commissions & Editorial boards
- Info Flora: Member of the scientific commission since 2012. Prior to this member of the Swiss Commission of Wild Plant Conservation CPS/SKEW (2006-2011) - one of the two predecessor of Info Flora. Collaboration on the revision of the Black & Watch-List of non-native invasive plants since 2006.
- FloZ: Commission of the citizen-science project for the floristic mapping of the canton of Zurich.
- Vegetation Classification and Survey (VCS), editorial board: VCS is an international, peer-reviewed journal on plant community ecology published on behalf of the International Association for Vegetation Science (IAVS).