Dr. Marcel Hunziker
Academic Education and Professional Experience
|2006||Head of the group Social Sciences in Landscape Research at WSL|
|1999 - 2006||Head of the section Landscape & Society at WSL|
|2000||PhD degree at University of Zurich, Switzerland|
|1991||University diploma in geography (with sociology and tourism research), University of Berne, Switzerland|
|1989 - 1991||Research assistant at University of Bern, Institute of Geography|
Research Interests and Projects
My research interests focus on the interactions between people and landscape as well as nature, environment and space. In particular, I care about the following topics:
- Attitudes of people regarding (former), current and future development of landscape, nature, environment, and space, including long-term monitoring of such attitudes?
- Behaviour of people with regard to landscape, nature, environment, and space, and the possibilities to influence such behaviour actively?
- Acceptance of nature conservation measures, such as species-conservation and protected areas, and evaluations of such measures.
Research projects, in which I have been actively involved as project manager, supervisor and/or researcher:
- Forest monitoring socio-cultural, WaMos 2 >>>
- Landscape monitoring Switzerland, LABES >>>
- Spatial demands of society >>>
- Evaluation of steering instruments in outdoor winter sports >>>
- Recovery of Wildlife in the Alps >>>
- Hydro-electric power and landscape preferences, case-study Grimsel >>>
Other Professional Activities
- Associate editor of the Journal of Outdoor Recreation: since 2012
- President of the scientific board of parc research Switzerland: since 2012
- Member of the executive committee of the Swiss Landscape Forum: since 2012