Dr. Peter Brang
Peter Brang passed away 7 July 2022.
1985: dipl. Forsting. ETH Zürich
1995: Dr. sc. nat. ETH Zürich
I am interested in forest dynamics and forest management, in particular:
- the influence of climatic changes on forests
- forest dynamics as influenced by natural disturbances
- mountain forest ecology, in particular regeneration ecology
- silviculture, including silvicultural strategies to cope with climate change
With my research, I aim to provide a scientific foundation for sustainable forest management, with adequate consideration given to ecological, economic and social aspects.
- Leader of the research programme Forests and climate change
- Leader of several research projects (see below)
- Extension and publication activities
- Board member of the Mountain Forest Tending Group